Watch and Listen to our Demo Video


Restore Your Energy with Bioenergetics

Chapter 1: Sinking into Chronic Fatigue

During my youth, I [Harry Massey] lived a supercharged, hyperactive lifestyle. I rock-climbed by day, rave-danced by night, and lived my life with the gas pedal to the floor. Partying until seven in the morning, then heading straight off to a lecture, pushing myself for three years straight. Nothing could touch me. I was invincible.

Until the day I wasn’t.

There came a day when I found myself bedridden, staring up at the ceiling for seven long years with what seemed would be a lifelong condition. How did I get this way? What horrible circumstance led to my downfall?

Failing to Get the Message

In 1994, I was getting ready to go to university when I decided to have one last hurrah before buckling down. I took a year off in Australia to teach teens sailing and kayaking, and to explore the countryside. That’s when I caught a fever that laid me out for two weeks. I recovered, but never completely. Two months later, whatever it was struck again: my lips started to swell, I had chest pains, and breathing felt like I was inhaling shards of glass. The doctors couldn’t find anything medically wrong with me and just assumed I’d developed some sort of allergy from the fever.

Rock Climbing

I got better and returned to England to pursue my studies. I kept up with my physical activity and did pretty well as long as I didn’t overexert myself. When I did, however, the labored breathing and chest pains would return, and each time it took me longer and longer to recover. It was only through sheer willpower that I charged through it.

But I was stubborn about learning the lesson to slow down, even though life did everything it could to get the message through. During an ice climb in Scotland one year, my piton came loose and I fell 30 feet. If it weren’t for my ice axe biting into the curve of the slope, I would have died. I was understandably shaken and in pain, but I continued with the climb. That was the first of three experiences that nearly killed me that year, as fatigue started getting the better of me.

It wasn’t until a couple years later that I learned I had fractured my spine in the fall and it had since fused. But as I continued headlong into life after the fall, I had to push through back pain that I wasn’t able to resolve till many years later. (I’ll explain how in this book.) I kept ignoring the symptoms and pressing on.

Sometime after the ice-climbing fall, I was paragliding in the Alps near a castle when a turbulent thermal hit me. My wing partially collapsed and I fell hundreds of meters, only just regaining control before slamming into the wall of that old castle. Thirty minutes later, I was right back up there paragliding again.

Of course I wasn’t thinking straight. I was concerned that the scare would keep me from doing something I loved if I didn’t jump right back in. But I should have gotten the hint to slow down. I didn’t.

Alongside all this, I was making a lot of unhealthy lifestyle choices, and my twenty-first birthday was mostly spent in a crazed, drug-fueled haze that had my parents understandably concerned. They lectured me about all this, which of course just drove me further into it.

Between my lifestyle, my strenuous sport activities, and a rigorous academic schedule, I was wearing my health down to the bone. And by the final year of my BS degree, my body was beginning to break. I continually suffered from colds and viral infections, my lymph glands were always swelling, and my immune system was shot. Those close brushes with death had become an expected part of my life.

I managed to finish school and even landed a high-powered job at a London financial company, where I was selected out of thousands of hopefuls. But I could only show up for work 20 days out of the first two months, so they had to let me go.

I had no energy, was always ill, and didn’t know what the heck was going on. Yet I continued with my rock climbing passion, even though it took me longer to recover from each outing. At one point, a climb in the French Alps nearly finished me. I didn’t even have the energy to break camp and drive home, and ended up staying in my tent for a week before I was finally able to drag myself home.

There was a black cloud hanging over my health. At 21 years old, I felt like an old man. Yet I kept on pushing, in denial of the facts and certain that a little mind over matter would get me through it. But all I was doing was pushing myself off the proverbial cliff.

From Climbing Mountains to Not Climbing Out of Bed

Within two years, I was mostly bedridden. Only then did it sink in that I was truly sick, and I finally started making the rounds with the doctors. I needed my mom to cart me from one specialist to another, and in each case, they really didn’t know what was happening to me. Oh, they would give one vague diagnosis after another, but it was obvious they didn’t know what was wrong with me; they thought it was all in my head and they did nothing to make me better.

Eventually, I was diagnosed with a term that’s more common to us today: chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). But this diagnosis only meant that my symptoms lined up with a bunch of other people’s symptoms, so they were given a common name. It had nothing to do with what was causing the problem, and it gave them no new solutions for helping. In short, I had zero success with Western medicine.

During this time, I became allergic to just about everything you can be allergic to. I also had liver pain, headaches, impaired thinking, aches everywhere, continual fatigue … the works. In fact, I only made it through my last year of university education by splitting a one-year course into two years and having friends take notes for me.

By this time, I couldn’t walk more than a hundred yards without collapsing from exhaustion. My medical records said that I had one of the lowest magnesium blood counts ever recorded in England. My memory was shot, I couldn’t think, and my glands were all swollen. My once bright future had shrunk to lying in bed in my apartment. I couldn’t live like this any longer and finally decided to take matters into my own hands. Conventional medicine had failed me so, with the early days of the internet in my hands, I began searching unconventional options from my sickbed at home.

Looking for Solutions

I studied coffee enemas, juice therapy, raw foods, fasting, water diets, herbal medicine, yoga, acupuncture, and even psychology. Each had a seemingly legitimate point of view and treatment for parts of my ailment, and I gave them all a try. For seven years I searched for answers and had some levels of success, but nothing provided a full or lasting solution. Once I even tried a water fasting therapy in South Africa; I did end up passing a bucket of parasites out of my body, but I was left skeletal, weak, and not much better off. In fact, I was left with even less energy than before.

I was properly disabled, but somehow managed to complete my master’s program. After that, I had to swallow my pride and move back in with my parents so my mother could care for me while she also dealt with my dad’s Alzheimer’s. I really felt like I was in a nursing home for old folks, even though I was still in my twenties.

I then started a small internet business that I could run from my laptop so as not to be financially dependent, and spent the rest of my time in my quest for health. Through that journey, I began educating myself about the physics of energy in the human body, or what we now call bioenergetics or biophysics. I also began exploring a range of other topics, from electronics, mathematics, and physics to chaos theory and information theory. This was opening exciting new ideas about how the body – and even all of creation – works, but I still hadn’t found the breakthrough for getting well.

It was while I was at the Dove Clinic receiving alternative and allopathic treatments that I heard about a man named Peter Fraser, an Australian who was doing some groundbreaking work in bioenergetics. In a combined state of desperation and determination, I wrote him with my story and received in reply a paper on his bioenergetics theory.

I sat down with what was left of the thin thread of hope in my heart and started to read. As I read, my interest grew, and the more I devoured his words, the more that thread of hope grew. By the time I finished, I knew that I just had to meet this guy.

We spent some time communicating and eventually agreed to meet halfway in California. I crawled onto a plane and made the trip, and so began an incredible healing journey and a partnership that has now helped us recharge tens of thousands of people’s lives.



In 2004, I was introduced to the NES Health system by Peter Fraser and Harry Massey. Their presentation took me beyond what I already knew about natural medicine, so I was sold on NES Health immediately. Since then, NES Health, with its amazing science and technology, have become an integral part of my clinical work and my personal health regimen. NES allowed me to take better care of myself, my extended family, and my patients, empowering myself and them on our healing journeys.

– Lydia Hackett-Jones, Homeopath



You can read the rest of this book by choosing chapters in our navigation under Books.

Or you can download this book in its entirely as a PDF by creating a FREE account with us. Simply visit:

After you sign up for free, you will find it under "Self Health" > "Books". This account also gives you free access to films, recipes, imprinted music, and more! We hope you enjoy exploring this world of bioenergetics.

Restore Your Energy with Bioenergetics